I’ve got myself another car, and it’s once again a Toyota. And again red. But technically speaking couldn’t be more different than my trusty Aygo.
- It has one more cylinder
- Displacement is 1.6 times as much
- Has no backseat
- Rear wheel drive
- Mid mounted engine, that’s an engine behind the seats but in front of the rear axle.
- It’s about 23 years older
It’s a Toyota MR2! Here is the service history as I know it, until I purchased it:
- Built in Japan in august of 1986
- Sold (most likely in Germany) in april of 1987
- Probably acquired in Germany by local car dealer in 2012 or 2013
- Purchased by me, in august of 2013 with slightly less than 91.000 Km of road time
That isn’t much of a service history, so I’ve been replacing parts where needed / wanted. Some important replacements are coming up, and also some slight upgrades and aesthetic improvements. I created a Tumblr with some of the work I have done, but I will post about past and future projects on the car right here from now on.